Sunday, December 25, 2011

Sugar Daddy - Lisa Kleypas

Sugar Daddy (Travises, #1)



Look, let me get a couple of things straight: 
a) I have been lead to read books by GR ratings which I have not liked at all. 
b) The impression I had of Texas is not very flattering. I considered it to be a dry and dusty place containing ladies competing with big hair dos, drawling accents and men with stetsons 
c) Just the name of the book put me off 

BUT: 

a) Honestly speaking, this book reads more like a young adult for 90% of the time which is OK by me cuz I love the different perspective 
b) The story almost seems like an outsider's view. Lib doesn't seem like a native the way she describes things and that really struck a chord with me. I'm not a native also so it's almost like one tourist giving pointers to others so you connect more with the info 
c) The pace was so swift that I didn't feel that things were either too boring or moving too fast 
d) You honestly feel like whatever happened, happened for a reason 
e) So many valuable lessons learnt about various issues 
f) I have now come to value the Texan culture much better


5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment